19 February 2008

wrong number

I am sorry you rang the wrong number. I am not sorry that you might think somehow, some way you managed to call the States instead of your intended.
If you had allowed me to explain and not sighed and slammed the phone down

(as if I had willed you to misdial or
as if I had picked up the phone before your intended picked up
because we are on some international modern holdout to a party phone line, or
as if I somehow didn't have enough bitchiness in my day,
and willed the circuits to cross,
and ring my phone instead of his or hers...)

If you allowed me to explain, we'd not be going through this. I can only hope you will someday call me back and we can be penpals or solve the world's problems or maybe form an international coalition to support strong telecommunications networks. You can be president. I can settle for vice-president.

But I digress. I really hope you reached your party. I am really sure they were glad to hear from you.

No comments: